Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sugar Cravings, Anyone?




I have sugar cravings. After I have eliminated it from my diet, it's not so bad. But, if I let go and "treat" myself too much...well, it takes awhile to get it out of my system again.

I have been reading Suzanne Somers' new book Breakthrough. What a good book! (By the way, she has an incredible sweetener that is 99% chemical free and it's wonderful!) She interviews doctors who are on the cutting edge of medicine. Being as pharmaceutical-free as they possibly can. (or at least it's their last resort.)

She spoke to Dr. Jonathan Wright and he said that "nature never chlorinates sugar molecules! That stuff is toxic. By the way, a way to really cut down on the sugar cravings is with the supplement chromium...we recommend between 5,000 and 6,000 micrograms daily until the sugar craving goes away, and then cut back to about 1,000 micrograms daily." (pp. 40-41)

I know that this blog is mainly about how to better your relationship with Christ and others. But, the Bible teaches that we should not be slaves to anyone or anything, except to Christ. So, if you have a problem with sweets, try chromium. It's not a drug. It's a supplement.

I'm going to try it and see what happens. Why don't you do the same? Let us know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment